This Colonial Revival style of home was built in 1907. It is named the "Taylor House". Mr. James Taylor owned the Ocala Manufacturing Company, and in 1927 he donated land to the City of Ocala to establish an airport. It soon became known as Jim Taylor Airfield and its flight school was instrumental in training pilots during World War II. The airport was originally located on State Route 200 where the current day Target store is situated. In the 1960's the airport was relocated to Southwest 60th Avenue.