A congregation consisting of 90 members formed the Mount Moriah Baptist Church in 1867. This building was built in 1966 replacing a former structure. The church has occupied this site since 1911.
The original church location prior to 1911, was located on South Pine Ave and is pictured below.
This downtown historic walking tour is an Ocala Main Street project sponsored in part by the Department of State, Division of Historical Resources and the State of Florida.