This two story commercial style structure was built in 1893 and is also known as the Holder Building. An early tenant on the first floor was the Tydings Drug store which sold drugs as well as seeds until the 1920s. Charles Peyser, a cigar manufacturer also occupied space here during the late 1800's.
Attorneys and other professionals occupied the building by the 1930s.
Currently in this building is the Church of Scientology.
This downtown historic walking tour is an Ocala Main Street project sponsored in part by the Department of State, Division of Historical Resources and the State of Florida.