The inscription on this fire bell dated 1889 reads "May It Toll For A Couple More Decades". This 1,500 pound bell was originally located on this block. It hung from the fire station bell tower until the firehouse was razed in 1968. In 2019 it was returned to this location.
This downtown historic walking tour is an Ocala Main Street project sponsored in part by the Department of State, Division of Historical Resources and the State of Florida.