This building was built in 1886, and was originally the First National Bank of Ocala. It features the second oldest elevator in Ocala. This building replaced the Palace Hotel which was destroyed in the 1883 Thanksgiving Day Fire.
This downtown historic walking tour is an Ocala Main Street project sponsored in part by the Department of State, Division of Historical Resources and the State of Florida.
Below are photos of the bank in 1886, and a bank note dated 1886.