940. Gazebo 100 S.E. 1 Avenue

The original gazebo on Ocala's downtown square existed from the 1870's until the 1940's when it deteriorated into a state of disrepair and was razed. As a result of the efforts of the Historic Ocala Preservation Society (HOPS) an exact replica of the gazebo was constructed, and it was dedicated on July 4, 1987.


Now, There is live music every week at the gazebo and the location serves as a center for many Downtown Gatherings.


Below are some photos of the gazebo from the 1800's.


This downtown historic walking tour is an Ocala Main Street project sponsored in part by the Department of State, Division of Historical Resources and the State of Florida.