941. Ocala National Bank 1 East Silver Springs Boulevard

This Neo-Classical style building was built in 1911 utilizing Indiana limestone. A teller machine located on the sidewalk was added in the 1950's and used a series of mirrors for the bank teller in the basement to see the drive up customers. Below is a photo of the teller machine, and a bank note dated 1911.


This downtown historic walking tour is an Ocala Main Street project sponsored in part by the Department of State, Division of Historical Resources and the State of Florida.