This building was built in 1926 as a Studebaker auto dealership. The site also served as a parking garage for hotel guests located next door. A Studebaker sign remains on the rear exterior of the building. In the 1940's it became the Marion Motor dealership. A photo is shown below. The building has been remodeled over the years. Originally the second floor served as the upper deck of the parking garage. For a few years until 1983 the building served as the radio repair shop for the Ocala fire, police, and sheriff departments.
The current sight is undergoing renovations and will be home to Main Street Community Bank coming to Ocala very soon.
This downtown historic walking tour is an Ocala Main Street project sponsored in part by the Department of State, Division of Historical Resources and the State of Florida.