This Victorian Frame Vernacular style home exhibits Colonial and Federal architectural details. It is named the "Edwards House" and was built in 1891. The home is named for William J. Edwards, who was one of the original founders of the Florida National Bank. Mr. Edwards also owned a wholesale meat and produce company, served as a city councilman, and became mayor of Ocala in 1903. Fifth Street at the time was known as Buckelew Avenue. Below is a photograph of Mr. Edwards that appeared in a 1906 edition of the Ocala Evening Star newspaper.