This Frame Vernacular Carpenter style home with Classical and Gothic details was built in 1890. It is named the "Fort house". Purchased by Chester Fort in 1910 and transferred to his brother Robert in 1927, the house remained in the Fort family for 74 years. It was lovingly renovated in 1996 preserving many original features. The house sold for $1,700.00 in December 1892. The Fort family is buried nearby in Woodlawn cemetery, and the Fort family first came to Marion County in the 1840's.
Photos below include a document from the the sale of the house in 1892; a wedding invitation dated 1927, and early 20th century family photos taken in front of the house.