This is the oldest continually operating school in Florida. This brick three story Prairie style building was built in 1914 and cost $86,000. It features many of the original details inside including hard wood floors and high ceilings. For ten years it served as Ocala High School, and in 1925 became Ocala Grammar School. In 1942 it was designated Ocala Junior High, and since 1965 has been named Eighth Street Elementary.
The photo below of the school was taken in 1920. The second photograph below with the school bus was taken in 1937. All of the sports teams and students photos are dated 1920.