The congregation began with 11 members in 1857 while Florida was still a pioneer state. This Colonial Federal style brick church was built in 1927. The bell in the steeple which was donated by Mr. Dunn in 1891, still rings. The bell was relocated here from an earlier building located on Watula Avenue and Fort King Street.
An arsonist attempted to burn this church in October 1991, on the same night the Baptist Church on the adjacent property was destroyed by fire. Fortunately only minor damage occurred to the First Presbyterian Church building on the east side of the property.
Below is a photograph of one of the beautiful stained glass windows.