956. Ruiz House 1256 S.E. Fort King Street

This Bungaloid style home was built in the 1920s. It is named the "Ruiz House," for Alfredo and Elsie Ruiz. They owned Randy's Restaurant, which was located on the corner of East Silver Springs Boulevard and Watula Avenue. Today the establishment is named Diner on the Square.

Below is a photograph of the restaurant taken in the 1960s, and a newspaper advertisement for the restaurant.