This Colonial Revival style home was built in 1953. It is named the "Thompson House". Dr. Robert and Marjorie Thompson were the first owners, and lived here for 20 years until 1973. Dr. Robert was a general practitioner who delivered many babies in Ocala. His first office was in the Marion Block building on the downtown square. In later years he relocated into a new medical building built across the street from Munroe Memorial Hospital.
Augie and Susan Greiner purchased the home in 1973. The Greiner's four children are Nancy, Augie Jr., Michael, and Kurt. The Greiner's Clothing store opened in 1962, and is located on East Silver Springs Boulevard.