This Mediterranean Revival style home with Prairie Influence was built in 1924, and is named the "Helvenston House." Edward and Louella Helvenston were the first owners who lived here for 17 years. The rear yard originally was much larger in size and contained a fruit orchard. Edward established a dry goods store on the Downtown Square in 1905, which was eventually sold and became known as Blocker's Furniture in 1928.
The first meeting of the Ocala Chapter of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution was held here in the living room on March 3, 1925. Louella Gary Helvenston served as the Organizing Regent.
The funding for this OnCell sign was provided by the Ocala Chapter, National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution.