The "Ocala Heights Golf Course" consisting of nine-holes was established on this site in 1900 by a number of prominent citizens. According to Harper's Official Golf Guide in 1901 there were only 13 golf courses in Florida at the time. This property was later purchased by Clarence Camp who owned the Camp Phosphate Company. The original log cabin clubhouse was razed, and this two story structure was built in 1912. The new clubhouse contained a ladies tea room, a gentleman's reading room, a ballroom and a large veranda on the second floor. The lower floor consisted of a dining room, locker rooms, and a kitchen. Mr. Camp renamed the facility the Ocala Golf and Country Club. The southern boundary of the course extended to what is today Southeast 13 Street, the western boundary was 11 Avenue, the eastern boundary was 15 Avenue, and the northern boundary was along Southeast 5 Street.
Since the 1970s the clubhouse has been converted into a private residence.
Below is a photograph of Mr. Camp, a postcard showing the golf club in 1915, and additional historical photos.